Things to Do In West Kelowna near Okanagan Lake
From Wine Festivals to film festivals and live music to sporting events and kids' festivities, visitors looking for activities and special events in Kelowna and West Kelowna, BC have a range of activity and event choices throughout the year. And, if you're looking for the perfect kids' birthday venue, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Hotel & Suites offers a unique pool party package. Children have the opportunity to play in our indoor pool, complete with a 40-foot waterslide, and celebrate with cake and gifts in our private party room.
For meetings BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Hotel & Suites offers reasonable meeting space to the local community from boardroom to up to 50 people. Call 250-707-1637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our fun pool parties or corporate meeting room packages.
Kelowna Area Events Calendar
Enjoy these events in and around West Kelowna, British Columbia
- Okanagan Wine Festivals - Four unique wine festivals corresponding with each season are held each year at different venues throughout the Kelowna area. Festivals are held in January, May, August, and October. www.thewinefestivals.com
- Discover the Westside Wine Trail - Sip With Your Sweeheart along the Westside Wine Trail. The nine wineries of the Westside Wine Trail welcome visitors to discover them through a Passport Event. Stay at our Westbank Hotel to enjoy the West Kelowna Wine Country to its fullest. Visitors are invited to collect stamps at each winery and then enter their passport into a draw to win some great prizes. The passports are complimentary and can be picked up at the wineries, at the West Kelowna Visitor Centre and at participating businesses. For more information, please visit www.thewestsidewinetrail.com .
- Parks Alive - Daily live music and entertainment are the draw at this free festival that runs continuously from June through September in downtown Kelowna. www.parksalive.com
- Penticton Peach Festival - A five-day festival celebrating the annual August peach harvest with parades, square dancing, a carnival, and peaches of course! www.peachfest.com
- Dragon Boat Festival - A popular event held in September featuring Dragon Boat races, live entertainment, music, kids' activities, fireworks, food and fun. www.kelownadragonboatfestival.com
- Kelowna Annual Folk Festival - This showcase of ethnic food from around the world is held at Prospera Place on Canada Day and features folk dancing, crafts, and stage performances. www.tourismkelowna.com/visitors/eventscalendar/july.php
- World Community Film Festival - Four days of independent, documentary, short and animated films, the Travelling World Community Film Festival is known for the incredible breadth of topics covered as well as for the first class quality of the productions screened -these are films that are sure to educate, entertain and inspire. http://www.worldfilmfestkelowna.net/
- Centre of Gravity - A festival event in late July showcasing top freestyle mountain bikers and other athletes and featuring live music, DJ music, beer gardens, fashion shows, a water zone, and kids' activities. www.centerofgravity.ca
- Okanagan Fest-of-Ale - For the past 18 years, Penticton has been home to the Fest-of-Ale, bringing together an eclectic array of microbrewers to cater to thousands of thirsty attendees in search of their next favourite lager, stout, IPA – or other unusual brew creation. www.fest-of-ale.bc.ca
- Keloha - Kicking off summer in the Okanagan is the Keloha Music and Arts Festival taking place in Kelowna’s Waterfront Park in July! This is your weekend escape into a tropical waterfront paradise of music, arts and celebration. Across 2 stages, KELOHA features some of the biggest names in Indie, Rock and Alternative music today. www.keloha.com/
- Dancin Barefoot Music Festival - Dancin' Barefoot in the Park is one of those small town festivals not to be missed. Located just down the highway in beautiful Peachland, BC you'll find great live entertainment and a teen talent competition. www.dancinbarefoot.com
- WAM! Wine, Art & Music - Sip, graze and groove your way through a delectable evening with some of the Okanagan's best wineries, food producers, artisans and entertainers. www.rotarycentreforthearts.com