Love is in the Air:
Romantic Valentine Date Ideas
If cupid’s arrow is pointing you to the Okanagan for a romantic weekend away this Valentine’s, why not look into West Kelowna hotels that offer the perfect way to celebrate your love. You and your partner can stare into each other’s eyes over a fine meal paired with local wines and treat yourself to other sweet treats and experiences with these 5 romantic date ideas.
1. Sip with Your Sweetheart
The Westside Wine Trail is offering wine and chocolate lovers with the ultimate weekend of indulgence, Feb. 9 and 10. Embark on self-guided or guided Okanagan wine tours and savour decadent wine and chocolate pairings created by local chefs, bakers and sommeliers at a number of West Kelowna wineries.
2. Find the Perfect Place to Put a Ring on It
Valentine’s Day is an extremely popular day for proposals and West Kelowna has a number of perfect spots away from prying eyes. One is an easy drive from Okanagan Valley hotels. Imagine hiking or snowshoeing to the top on a 60 million-year-old dormant volcano to swoon your sweetheart. Mount Boucherie offers a 360-degree view of surrounding white-capped mountains and the gleaming gem that is Okanagan Lake and is also home to some of the most romantic hillside vineyards and wineries, where you can celebrate afterwards.
3. Woo Them with Wine and Food
West Kelowna is home to some of those most renowned wineries in Canada, some of which have culinary experiences to match, including:
- Old Vines at Quails’ Gate winery. Named as one of the top restaurants in Canada, Old Vines offers full lunch and dinner service all year round, and also has an afternoon and happy hour menu with delicious farm-to-table bites and wine sold by the glass.
- Blu Saffron Bistro at Volcanic Hills Winery offers a changing lunch and dinner menu complete with appetizers, large plates and mouth-watering desserts perfect for sharing.
- Red Fox Club at Indigenous Winery has a seasonal menu offering such locally inspired dishes such as bannock and smoked salmon and a Canadian inspired cheese board. Book early for their Valentine’s Day candlelight dinner, featuring live music and bubbles.
4. Take a Cooking Class for Two
You and your love can learn how to make the perfect pasta or how to mix the right amount of spices in East Indian cuisine by taking a culinary class at West Kelowna’s famed Mission Hill Estate Winery. Evening classes are offered throughout February and best of all, you can sample what you’ve cooked up with a wine-paired meal afterwards.
5. Indulge in More Wine, Chocolate and Romance
The Best Western West Kelowna wine tours accommodation offers a number of Okanagan wine tour packages, including our Wine, Chocolate and Romance package. Perfect for couples, this special deal includes overnight accommodation for two in our luxurious two-room suite and a guided wine tour to four local wineries. Enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast, private bubble bath, and a complimentary bottle of wine and complimentary chocolates back in your suite.
Looking to get away this Family Day long weekend? Read our blog, Family Day 2019: Places to Visit, Things to Do from Hotels in West Kelowna.
One of the highest-rated wine country hotels, Best Western West Kelowna TripAdvisor reviewers love our clean and comfortable suites, pet friendly accommodations, complimentary hot breakfast buffet, swimming pool and fitness room, and central location close to wineries, restaurants and shopping.